Fairfield Matters

local news, events and information for Fairfield, Bedfordshire

Report a street light failure

If you notice a street light failure, check the information on the lamp post to see who is responsible for it. Those on roads adopted by Central Bedfordshire Council (clearly marked CBC) can be reported online here by selecting the faulty streetlight on a map (most, but not all, adopted roads are included) or by calling the highways team on 0300 300 8308 and quoting the light’s reference number. In an emergency (e.g. if there is exposed wiring) you should call 0300 300 8049.

If the light is on a private road or one that has not yet been adopted in Fairfield Park, Scanlans can contact the landowner on your behalf or advise you of their contact details. Again, you will need the road name and the light’s reference number, which should be clearly marked.

Faulty lights in the grounds of Fairfield Hall should be reported to the maintenance team, and in Fairfield Gardens, to the builder.

%d bloggers like this: