Darren Pickering is the new manager from Scanlans Property Management for Fairfield Park. He joined Scanlans in September 2019, and has worked in the property management sector for over 14 years. Scanlans felt that the prestigious site of Fairfield Park needed the attention of their most experienced employee!
Who are Scanlans?
Scanlans is one of the leading property management companies in England and Wales, and was established over 25 years ago. They highlight ‘communication’ as being at the heart of what they do, and aim to keep in regular contact on any of the issues they are dealing with on our behalf.
What do they do on Fairfield Park?
Scanlans are instructed by the Fairfield Park Residents Committee to manage the day-to-day running of the estate, including but not limited to the following:
· Issuing the rent charge demands
· General maintenance of the unadopted roads
· General management of the play areas
· Landscaping on the estate
· Contractor management
· Issuing transfer notice certificates upon the sale of a property
Why have surgeries?
As part of the management contract, Scanlans hold monthly residents’ surgeries. The purpose of the surgeries is to allow residents the opportunity to meet with them to discuss, face to face, any issues they may have, or to simply come for a chat. Darren can also point residents in the right direction if the matter they are raising doesn’t involve an area under the management of Fairfield Park Residents Committee.
What can be discussed at surgeries?
The surgeries are for the following purpose, but this is not an exhaustive list. Darren is more than happy to help in other areas if he can.
· Any issues regarding the general management of the estate
· Landscaping issues and queries
· Information relating to the rent charge
· What to do if you are looking to sell your property
· Any queries or issues in relation to your rent charge payments such as arrears, upcoming
· Recommendations on the future management of the site, such as improvements, additional works
or to enquire about becoming a member of the committee.
· Any future events planned on site
How to contact Darren
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, unless of course your query is urgent. If you need to contact Scanlans by phone, you can call the Birmingham office on 0121 711 8866. You can also write to them at Scanlans House, 1671a High Street, Knowle, Solihull B90 0LL.
Surgeries will be held in Fairfield Community Hall on the following days and times in 2020 (we will also list the relevant date and time in Fairfield Matters each month):
February 28th 5:30pm to 7:30pm
March 16th 11am to 1pm
April 24th 5:30pm to 7:30pm
May 18th 11am to 1pm
June 26th 5:30pm to 7:30pm
July 13th 11am to 1pm
August 21st 5:30pm to 7:30pm
September 14th 11am to 1pm
October 23rd 5:30pm to 7:30pm
November 16th 11am to 1pm
December 18th 5:30pm to 7:30pm
You do not need to book an appointment. Please just pop down to the Community Hall during these times and Darren will be happy to assist you.